Coronavirus – Covid 19
Policy and Procedures
Our Clients Come First
Policy and Procedure
As At 15th of June 2020
My Baby Bubble Spa will comply with all current Coronavirus (Covid-19) legislation and will continue to monitor and comply with Queensland Governments daily updates. We will provide a safe environment for all who enter the centre including staff, clients and their family, customers, visiting Health Care Workers and contractors.
2. Scope and Purpose
This procedure applies to people performing work and customer attending My Baby Bubble Spa at 6/110 Old Pacific Hwy Oxenford Queensland.
The purpose of this policy is to reduce the likelihood of transmission of COVID-19, including between workers, third parties including all clients/customers and contracted personnel (such as delivery, maintenance and repair services personnel).
3. Contravening this Policy
A failure to comply with health and safety requirements or this policy may result in disciplinary action being taken, up to and including termination of employment or engagement of services.
4. Guiding Principles as at 15th of June 2020
4.1 General work health and safety obligations
My Baby Bubble Spa is committed to complying with its obligations under work health and safety legislation to provide a healthy and safe workplace for its workers and visitors to its workplace, protecting its workers from injury and illness and promoting their welfare.
My Baby Bubble Spa will take reasonable steps to identify, control, protect against and, where it can, eliminate risks to the health and safety of its workers and visitors to My Baby Bubble Spa’s workplace.
Workers are responsible for the health, welfare and safety of themselves and other workers and visitors to the workplace.
This is a summary of My Baby Bubble Spa’s and its workers’ (including managers) work health safety obligations. For further detail, please refer to My Baby Bubble Spa’s work health safety policy.
4.2 Current Advice from the Department of Health
The most recent advice from the Department of Health advises that, where possible:
- everyone must keep at least 1.5 metres apart from others, unless immediate family living in the one house; and
- there must be 4 square metres of space per person,
(Social Distancing Requirements).
At all times, you must comply with the Social Distancing Requirements as far as reasonably practicable.
5. Hygiene, COVID-19 Symptoms and Contact with a COVID-19 case
At all times you must practice good hygiene, but this is particularly critical during the COVID-19 pandemic. Good hygiene means, for example, washing your hands with soap regularly, sneezing into a tissue and coughing into your sleeve. My Baby Bubble Spa provides access to hand washing facilities and will also provide alcohol-based sanitiser on arrival, tissues will also be available at the front counter and throughout the centre. All staff are to be vigilante on using hand sanitiser between each client or after touching a client. Hand Sanitiser is also to be used after handling flotation devices.
5.2 COVID-19 Symptoms
My Baby Bubble Spa staff must not work from the workplace or attend any in person gathering if they have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- sore throat; and/or
- shortness of breath.
If you exhibit any of these symptoms, you may use your personal leave. If you have a medical certificate stating Covid–19 symptoms it will not affect any leave entitlements.
5.3 Contact with a Confirmed COVID-19 Case or Potential COVID-19 Case
You must notify any staff member if you have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case or potential COVID-19 case.
- If you have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, you must self-quarantine for a period of 14 days and during that time you must not attend the workplace.
- If you have been in contact with a potential COVID-19 case, you must self-quarantine for a period of 14 days or until the COVID-19 case is cleared as negative. During this period, you must not attend the workplace.
6. Cleaning of the Centre
My Baby Bubble Spa have always been a centre which prides itself on cleanliness due to the main client being babies, children, and special need children with their families. Prior to Covid-19 MBBS strict cleaning procedures complied and exceeded legislation. My Baby Bubble Spa comply with Covid-19 cleaning legislation which includes the following.
6.1 Areas containing spas
- Clients are required to place a towel on the change mat prior to placing baby on to change mat.
- Wipe down all baby change mat and surrounding bench area with hospital grade disinfectant between each client.
- All sides of the spa are to be wiped down in between each client session.
- Single Spas are to be cleaned and then wiped with hospital grade disinfectant after each use.
- Single Spas are to be wiped out with hospital grade disinfectant prior to each use.
- All floors are to moped with hot water containing disinfectant at the end of each work day.
- All floats that are used are to be wiped down with hospital grade disinfectant after each use and prior to each use.
6.2 Front Entrance Area
- Hand Sanitizer and Tissues are to remain in an area away from the front counter but in a area accessible to all clients
- An Area on the counter is to be set aside for Square terminal payments, the area and the square terminal is to be wiped down with hospital grade disinfectant between each use.
- Front gate is to be wiped down with hospital grade disinfectant between each client.
- Upon any client approaching the front counter other then for the designated area set aside for square, the counter is to be wiped down with Hospital Grade Disinfectant.
6.3 Back Wellness Room
- Health Professionals using the Wellness Room are to be given a copy of this procedure manual.
- My Baby Bubble Spa will provide clear instructions to such personnel to comply with My Baby Bubble Spa’s work health safety requirements including with respect to social distancing.
- It is the responsibility of all Health Professionals using the Wellness Room to have an understanding and knowledge of current workplace Health and Safety legislation in the state of Queensland relating to their business including and with respect to social distancing and disinfecting.
- Health Professionals and their clients are to use the side entrance of the centre for entrance and egress. No one using the wellness room is to walk through the spa areas.
- Health Professionals using the wellness room are to wipe down all exposed areas such as door handles, toys tables and chairs that are located in the room at the end of their sessions.
- All floors are to be vacuumed at the end of their sessions.
7. Interaction between people
To comply with the Social Distancing Requirements, it is important to:
- My Baby Bubble Spa will limit the number of customers in a centre at any one time to 20 clients throughout the centre.
- The centre is made up of two areas, the front spa area and the wellness room at the back of the centre.
- The Front spa area is limited to 10 clients at any one time and will use the front entrance.
- The Wellness room is limited to 10 clients at any one time and will use the side door for entrance and egress.
- All change areas will allow 1.5 meters between each change mat
8. Physical layout of the workplace
8.1 Additional signage
To assist you with complying with Social Distancing Requirements, we have introduced:
- Social distancing and other COVID-19 related signage. You must read and comply with all signage and ensure all within the centre comply with the signage.
- We have introduced signage which indicates the maximum number of people in each room. At all times, you must read and comply with this signage.
8.2 Entry points
- The Front spa area will use the front glass entrance for entrance and egress.
- The Wellness room will use the north facing side door for entrance and egress.
We may stagger start and end times to avoid congestion at entry/exit points. You must comply with any such directions.
9. External providers
Currently all deliveries are redirected to the directors’ personal address until further notice.
9.2 Maintenance or repair services
There are no maintenance or repair services required at My Baby Bubble Spa. Upon any emergency repairs are required My Baby Bubble Spa will provide clear instructions to such personnel to comply with My Baby Bubble Spa’s work health safety requirements including with respect to social distancing.
My Baby Bubble Spa will ensure all delivery, maintenance or repair services personnel practice good hygiene. This will include providing them with alcohol-based sanitiser or access to hand washing facilities.
10. Consultation and Communication
Consultation between My Baby Bubble Spa and workers is an essential part of effectively managing health and safety in the workplace, as it enables its employees to contribute to the making of decisions affecting their health and safety at work. Workers’ involvement at all levels is imperative for ensuring their safety at the workplace.
My Baby Bubble Spa will, so far as is reasonably practicable, consult with its workers who are, or are likely to be, directly affected by matters relating to work health safety, including social distancing.
My Baby Bubble Spa will ensure:
- the sharing of relevant information about work health safety matters with its workers;
- that the workers be given the opportunity to contribute, express their views or raise any issues or concerns in relation to any work health safety; and
- that the workers’ views are valued and taken into account.
Given the changing nature of COVID-19 including guidelines from the Department of Health, this social distancing policy will continuously be amended with changing legislation. We will make any changes to this policy available to you. It is your responsibility and you must ensure you have read and comply with the latest social distancing policy.
Julia Barnes 1/06/2020
|Signed by Managing Director||Dated|